Saturday, November 5, 2011

We signed up for an August race for a reason!

Last night, I looked up how much base training we were going to need before we begin our 24 week training plan.  The plan says that for week one, you should be able to:
swim 1.5 miles 2x per week
bike 2x for 60 minutes and 1 x for at least 3 hours (per week)
run 2x 45 min and 1x at least 10 miles

...umm. OK. time to get going.  So far this week, I've run 2x 30 minutes. rode my bike to and from school twice (we'll call that 40 minutes...riding in traffic just isn't the same), and swam once for 1000meters.  When I went to bed, I told myself I was going to wake up and run 10 miles.  Franklin, my dog, woke me up at 6AM and I thought to myself how perfect it was for him to wake me up to go on a run.  Then I took Franklin on a walk.  Holy smokes--freezing!  I'm currently sitting on the couch with my laptop pretending that this is more important.  I've now wasted enough time that its too late to go since I have a hair appointment scheduled at 10 (don't judge--Its the only thing I do to make myself pretty).  I'm not sure if I'll make it out today or not.  I've got a lot of stuff to do (yep, like a hair appointment and shopping, haha), but I've really got to face the facts if I'm going to train for this thing.  I'm going to have to train HARD in the cold weather.  

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment