Friday, November 18, 2011

Cookie dough is NOT a great snack for recovery... Isn't it?!

Training this week has gone remarkably well. So far this week, I have done two of each workout (except swimming, but I'm doing that after work). Being on track with training was pretty much the only thing I had going for me this week. It was one of those weeks that I seriously reconsidered my teaching career.
So since I was doing such a great job with training but such a horrible job with life in general, I decided that I should have some cookies (let me rephrase--I wanted to reward/cope by eating cookie DOUGH). A full cup of cookie dough at 8:30pm is NOT a great recovery food. Surprisingly, the next morning I felt like I was the marshmallow man from ghostbusters. This was 2 days ago and I still don't feel 100% back to normal-- maybe that's just guilt.

Day 6 week 2
Swimming 3850m (planned 1600m today)
Biking 83 mi
Running 36mi

1 comment:

  1. Good recovery if you're training for the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Race though.

    ReplyDelete