Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paybacks are a biotch!!!

I sure had a nice little vacation away from the pool-- it was great to not have to go to the pool after a loooong day at work. From the time my spring break started, I didn't swim again for 2 weeks! Of course, spring break made it very tricky to get to the pool, but last week I had no excuse. I just could bring myself to go.

I finally went on Friday of last week when the lanes were changed to 25 yards. I was about 2-3 seconds slower per lap, but I thought I'd be back on track by the next time I swam.

In short, my hypothesis was INCORRECT. My swim yesterday was horrendous. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it was still pretty rough. Not only did 2000m seem like 10 miles, it also took me 3-5 seconds longer per lap too. Yikes!

I worked so hard to cut down my swim time, and in 2 weeks, I'm back to where I was in December. Crap. Just goes to show why consistency is so important to training. I know that I'll get back up in time and distance quickly, but for now I need to get back up to swimming 2-3 times a week for 45-60 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment